- This event has passed.
Performance Pistol Class 7/2022
July 30 @ 8:00 am - July 31 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
TFI Academy is offering a 2 day Performance Pistol class hosted by Tri-County Gun Club on July 30th and 31st. Keith Tyler will be the lead instructor. This class will cover the following
- This is a Process Based course of instruction focusing on components of techniques and the “why”.
- Fundamentals of marksmanship as it applies to shooting accurately with speed. Proper stance and grip to set up a platform that manages recoil. Then we focus on trigger control
- Fundamentals of safe and effective gun handling as it applies to action pistol shooting. Mechanics of the draw and the reloads to make them faster. How to effectively and efficiently transition the pistol from target to target and make those stage time drop without trigger speed.
- Fundamentals to movement. This is the low hanging fruit. This is the area that most shooters can make the biggest improvement the fastest. How to properly enter a shooting position. Which exit technique and when and why to use each of them. Then some basic shooting on the move.
- 800 rounds
- Class will not be bigger than 10 students
All of this packed into two 7+ hours days “of drinking from the firehose of shooting knowledge”.
It is my objective to give the student a better set of fundamental skills to assist them with advancing in action shooting sports. This will be accomplished through dry fire and live fire drills. Instructors will give students feedback both as to afford the student the opportunity of learning proper technique.
At the end of this course of instruction the student will gain understanding of the proper fundamentals of marksmanship, gun handling and movement as they apply to action shooting. They will have demonstrated these skills numerous times throughout the two day class. Students will learn drills they can take with them for dry fire and live fire practice to continue building on skill sets learned in the class.
Price & Policy:
- The cost of each class is $550.00 per student.
- A non-refundable deposit of $100.00 is required.
- Deposit must be made to hold spot. Remainder due by or at the class
- Deposit may be refunded if your spot is filled/replaced
- May may full amount when paying deposit
- A minimum of four students per class is required.
- Class will be cancelled if the minimum number of students is not met (In such a case a full refund will be issued).
Once you register below, please make your $100 deposit payment here. You will also get a confirmation of the class via email (Don’t see it? Check spam). We will reach out prior to the class to remind and advise you of any information you need prior to the class.